You are here

Federal Tax Credit

Did you know that you can claim the cost of monthly transit passes on your annual income tax?

To claim this credit and verify this claim with Canada Revenue Agency be sure to keep your receipts, cancelled cheques, or credit card statements showing the Transit Pass purchase.

The tax credit will be deducted from the amount of income tax you owe. The credit is non-refundable.

You can claim this credit on behalf of your spouse or common-law partner, and your children under the age of 19, providing these amounts have not already been claimed.

Learn more about how to claim this Tax Credit for Public Transit passes.