College Dr. & University Bridge Closed to Traffic Headed Downtown During Afternoon Commute
The lanes heading downtown on College Drive and the University Bridge will be closed to traffic during the afternoon commute. This will impact westbound traffic on College Drive beginning at Cumberland Avenue. The closure will be in effect beginning at 4:30 p.m. to allow a march from the U of S campus to proceed down the University Bridge.
Spadina Crescent will also be closed from 21st to 24th Streets.
Traffic leaving downtown from 1st to 6th Avenues via the University Bridge will not be affected.
What you can expect from us
- Traffic headed westbound on College Drive will need to turn left at Cumberland Avenue and use an alternate route that doesn’t include University Bridge.
- Traffic headed north on Clarence Avenue will not have access to University Bridge.
- Transit Routes 4, 6, 22, 40 & 45 will use an alternate route to access the Downtown – 9 stops will be affected. Updates on the Transit App.
- Traffic signals have been optimized for the most efficient flow of traffic.
How you can help us
- Where possible, avoid College Drive westbound and Clarence Avenue northbound approaching University Bridge.
- Use a route other than Spadina leaving downtown to the University Bridge.
- Transit users are urged to plan their route in advance at SaskatoonTransit.ca or by consulting Google Maps Transit or the Transit App.
Drivers are reminded to watch for pedestrians and to take note of all posted signage as well as other traffic control measures.