Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day: Sunday, October 4
The City of Saskatoon and GFL Environmental will host the next Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Drop-off Day this Sunday, October 4 (9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.) at the Civic Operations Centre (57 Valley Road).
Saskatoon residents are invited to drop off their HHW materials for recycling and safe disposal, including aerosols, automotive fluids, batteries, cleaners, cylinders, light bulbs, medications, yard chemicals, vaping products, and more. Complete lists of acceptable and unacceptable items are available at saskatoon.ca/hazardouswaste.
- Avoid the line-up! As the demand for these events grows, unfortunately so do wait times. Residents should consider the following options:
- Visit saskatoon.ca/wastewizard to find other means of recycling and safe disposal. Common items including batteries, light bulbs, paint, and used engine oil can be recycled by other means in the community
- Bundle loads with family, friends, and neighbours to shorten the line-up.
- COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions will be in place to help reduce the spread of the virus. More info at saskatoon.ca/hazardouswaste.
- Please ensure all containers are safely sealed and contents are clearly marked.
- Help reduce emissions from idling and protect the health of other residents by turning off vehicles during long wait times.
- Approximate wait times will be posted periodically on the day of the event on the Facebook event page.
- The program is open to SASKATOON RESIDENTS ONLY for hazardous materials from RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES ONLY. Materials from agricultural, institutional, commercial, small business or industrial loads will NOT be accepted. For disposal/recycling of hazardous wastes from non-residential sources, please contact GFL Environmental at 306-244-9500.
Thank you for your patience and for helping us put waste in the right place!