Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off season begins Sunday, June 7
The City of Saskatoon and GFL Environmental Inc. are set to host the first Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Drop-off Day of the season.
- Location: Civic Operations Centre (57 Valley Road)
- Date & Time: Sunday, June 7 (9:00 am - 3:30 pm)
- Open to Saskatoon residents only; no commercial loads will be accepted. For disposal/recycling of hazardous wastes from non-residential sources, please contact GFL Environmental Inc. at 306-244-9500.
- Residents can avoid potentially long line-ups by visiting saskatoon.ca/wastewizard to find other means of recycling and safe disposal.
Common HHW materials include aerosols, automotive fluids, batteries, cleaners, cylinders, light bulbs, medications, yard chemicals, vaping products, and more. These and many other types of hazardous materials require safe disposal and should not be put in your garbage or recycling containers, dumped on the ground, or poured down the drain.
A list of acceptable materials and information on future events can be found at saskatoon.ca/hazardouswaste.
All necessary health and safety measures are in place to protect residents and event staff in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. GFL staff will be equipped with proper Personal Protective Equipment and spraying/sanitizing their gloves between each vehicle interaction. In an effort to help further reduce cross-contamination, the following guidelines and restrictions will be in place:
- Only bring acceptable HHW material to the event. Garbage, recyclables, and electronics will be returned to program participants.
- Maximum of 40 litres of used oil will be accepted per vehicle.
- Bring fuel and oil in containers that may be left behind for recycling/disposal.
- HHW material should be safely sealed in clearly marked containers and placed in the back of your vehicle. Containers will not be returned once handled by event staff.
- Railway ties will not be accepted at HHW events; contact GFL directly for disposal arrangements.
- Do not attend the event if you are sick.
- Residents must remain in their vehicles at all times.
The City will communicate any necessary updates to future events as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves.