Join the City at Come & Grow 2019 – Thursday, January 31, 2019
The City invites residents to attend Come & Grow 2019. Learn more about the City’s Plan for Growth and have the opportunity to give feedback on a number of initiatives.
Come & Grow 2019
Thursday, January 31, 2019
3 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Holiday Inn Express and Suites University, 1838 College Drive
Information and questions will be presented on:
- Corridor Planning - encouraging growth and development near major transportation corridors;
- Transit Villages - re-imagining large commercial sites along the future rapid transit system;
- Brownfield Renewal Strategy - redeveloping potentially contaminated sites (e.g., old gas station sites);
- University Sector Plan - long-term development of the University Endowment Lands; and
- Official Community Plan - the overriding policy framework to define, direct and evaluate development in Saskatoon.
Saskatoon's Plan for Growth charts a course for growth and revitalization that balances and promotes quality of life, sustainability, and economic development. It touches many aspects of everyday life in Saskatoon from the creation of more compact and vibrant communities to the development of business districts, parks, and facilities, as well as the delivery of services like transit, roadways, and civic utilities.
Plan for Growth projects are funded in part under the Public Transit Infrastructure Fund (PTIF) from the Government of Canada. The Government of Saskatchewan administers federal PTIF funding in the province.
For more information on Saskatoon’s Plan for Growth and engagement opportunities, please visit saskatoon.ca/engage/lets-talk-growth.