Saskatoon Transit service changes – effective August 30, 2020
Starting Sunday, August 30, 2020, a number of significant adjustments will be made to Saskatoon Transit routes. As the University of Saskatchewan will not be having in-person classes this fall, Saskatoon Transit will have limited bus routes returning to Place Riel.
Transit customers are encouraged to learn about the route changes by going to the website or calling the Transit Customer Service Centre at 306-975-3100. An overview of the affected routes will also be available on postcards at the Customer Service Centre in the downtown terminal.
These changes are being made to better meet the needs of citizens by providing service that meets demand, and decreasing passenger travel times. By offering high-frequency service along main corridors, Saskatoon Transit can provide more convenient travel and a quicker commute, reducing wait times and improving reliability, while reducing total travel time.
Customers can plan their trip for September with the updated schedules as of August 23 using the app Transit. Riders are encouraged to plan their trip in advance and review the updated schedules before travelling as well as mark routes they use the most as a favourite in the app to get push notifications of service alerts.
Overview of the changes effective August 30:
- All high-frequency corridors will have 10-minute service to Downtown/22nd Street, Broadway Avenue /8th Street and Preston Avenue/Attridge Drive/College Drive.
- Route 4 City Centre will stop at bus stop #5935 (north side of College Drive, west of Bottomley Road).
- Route 5 Confederation Terminal/City Centre will only travel between Confederation Terminal, the Downtown Terminal and 24th Street.
- Route 6 City Centre will not go to the University Terminal but will stop at bus stop #5935 (north side of College Drive, west of Bottomley Road),
- Route 13 Lawson Heights/Broadway, 17 Stonebridge/University & 26 Forest Grove/University will have 30-minute service. Additional trips may be added if necessary.
- Route 43 Evergreen, 44 Willowgrove & 45 Arbor Creek will not go to the University Terminal but will stop at bus stop #5932 (south side of College Drive, east of Cumberland Avenue).
- Route 60 Confederation/City Centre and 65 Kensington/City Centre will see some schedule changes to accommodate 10-minute service on 22nd Street.
- Route 64 McCormack/City Centre will travel between Confederation Terminal and the Downtown Terminal to accommodate 10-minute service on 22nd Street and provide service to the current McCormack loop from Route 5