Saskatoon Transit has real-time transit tracking through the Transit and Google Transit Apps. Saskatoon Transit provides GPS information on bus locations and routes throughout Saskatoon. Real-time transit tracking shows customers the location of their bus in real-time and shows how many minutes until the next bus arrives, which limits wait times at bus stops.
These mobile apps help to create customized route maps without having to sort through schedules. Saskatoon Transit updates the data as required to ensure customers have accurate information.
Transit App and Google Transit can also:
- Provide walking directions to the nearest stop.
- Allow you to find your destination based on landmarks or place names rather than an address.
- Allow you to select a departure or arrival destination based on nearest intersection rather than address.
- Provide estimated fare costs and compares it to other modes of transportation, such as driving.
- Google Transit allows you to use “street view” to see what your departure or arrival destination looks like.