BYXE Week May 17-21: With so many reasons to bike. What's yours?
Our annual spring Bike to Work Day is Friday, May 21, which is now the final day of BYXE Week 2021! This year, the City of Saskatoon and Saskatoon Cycles are encouraging everyone to ride their bike anywhere and everywhere all week rather than just one day.
Following public health orders in effect, we won’t be gathering at commuter stations as in past years, but we have fun ways for people any age, any ability and any skill level to participate. The goal is for people to try taking their bike to a regular activity or consider biking for new reasons, so they can experience the benefits.
BYXE Week Prizes
Bike to work, bike to enjoy nature, bike for exercise, bike for family time – and bike to win! Just snap a picture of your biking adventure and share it with the us on social media using the hashtag #BYXEWeek to enter to win a prize!!
In addition to the personal benefits of riding a bike, cycling education and encouraging people to consider more active forms of transportation help build a city with a balanced transportation system that is accessible, cost-effective and efficient in terms of infrastructure investments.
Take a tour of the decorated bikes parked at eight businesses around Saskatoon promoting BYXE Week:
- Darkside Donuts (31 Ave H S)
- Federated Co-operatives Limited (22nd St E & 4th Ave N)
- D'Lish by Tish Cafe (702 14th St E)
- 9 Mile Legacy Brewing’s Bike Patio (229 20th St W)
- Saskatoon Community Clinic (455 2nd Ave N)
- Affinity Credit Union Corporate Office (902 7th Ave N)
- College of Kinesiology Physical Activity Complex (87 Campus Dr)
- St. Thomas More College (1437 College Dr)