The Experience Transit program teaches people with little to no experience using public transit how to travel safely, independently, and with spontaneity using the fixed bus route and on-demand transit system in Saskatoon. Experience Transit is a free program designed to teach anyone how to plan trips, pay fares, board, and exit the bus, along with any additional skills needed specific to your abilities for using the public transit system in Saskatoon.
The benefits of Experience Transit:
- Enhanced freedom, independence, and confidence to go wherever you want when you want
- Access to employment, entertainment, and volunteer opportunities
- Greater community involvement and connectivity
- Reduced transportation costs
Three versions of the program:
- ET: Travel training sessions for individuals who are hesitant to use public transit. Travel training is done in small group sessions from a qualified travel trainer, either in person or virtually.
- ET2: Transit collaborates with teachers and organizations in a 'train the trainer' model. The 'train the trainer' model provides transit travel training resources to organizations to use to educate people within their community how to use transit successfully.
- ET+: Access Transit connects those with mobility or cognitive challenges but do not fully qualify as an Access Transit customer with a travel trainer. One-on-one training is provided on how to navigate the fixed bus route and on-demand system.
Travel trainers will put your safety first and ensure training is tailored to your needs. Following your travel training you will be contacted for a follow-up survey and answer any questions you may have.
*If you are an Access Transit customer and learn how to use the fixed bus route system, you can still use Access Transit when applicable.
If you would like to request an Experience Transit session or learn about upcoming presentations, please contact: