How to open the back door
There are 3 different ways to open the back doors of a bus depending on the type of bus you are on.
Low, angled handles (NewFlyer bus)
- These are operator activated. The door is activated by the operator.
Long, vertical handles (NewFlyer bus)
- These are touch activated. They have a timer to stay open, if no one is touching the handle, the door will close.
Short, angled handles (Nova bus)
- These are motion activated. There is a motion sensor above the door and it’s on a timer.
- You can wave (close to the glass) to activate. It is a vertical beam that needs to be broken.
- These doors will stay open as long as the beam is broken.