Courtesy of RBC Royal Bank, Saskatoon Transit will provide free service for everyone to and from the Remembrance Day Ceremony at SaskTel Centre on Saturday, November 11.
Buses will depart from:
- Downtown Special Events Stop - 23rd Street and 2nd Avenue
- Every 20 minutes starting at 9 a.m., with the last bus leaving at 10:20 a.m.
- Market Mall – 9:45 a.m. from the mall transit terminal
- Centre Mall – 9:45 a.m. from the mall transit terminal.
Return trips will begin immediately following the close of the ceremony.
Veterans and current Canadian Armed Forces members will be recognized with free transit service all day throughout the system on November 11. This free bus service is offered to armed forces veterans and current serving personnel–including cadets and reservists, and one companion. Canadian Armed Forces transit users can identify themselves by:
- Wearing a military uniform, or
- Presenting military ID or a CF1 card when they board.
Providing free transit to veterans and current Canadian Armed Forces members is a way to recognize the tremendous commitment they have made, and continue to make, to the community and country.
Saskatoon Transit buses will display a “Lest We Forget” message on November 11.
Hours of Operation - November 11 and November 13
- Fixed route transit will run holiday service on Saturday, November 11 – 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (normal fares apply).
- Please consult the mobile app transit to plan your trip.
- OnDemand service will not be available on Saturday, November 11.
- Access Transit will operate holiday service on Monday, November 13 – 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Trips must be booked in advance as per normal procedures (8:15 a.m. to 10:45 p.m.).
- Customers are reminded that subscriptions do not apply on Statutory Holidays.
- Transit Customer Service Centre will be closed for walk-in customers on Saturday, November 11, but phone lines (306-975-3100) will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.