Free transit service offered on Remembrance Day
Courtesy of RBC Royal Bank, Saskatoon Transit will provide complimentary bus transportation for all to and from the Remembrance Day Ceremony at SaskTel Centre on Saturday, November 11.
Buses will depart as follows:
- Downtown Special Events Stop - 23rd Street and 2nd Avenue
- Every 20 minutes starting at 9:00 a.m., with the last bus leaving at 10:20 a.m.
- Market Mall
- 9:45 a.m. from the mall transit terminal
- Centre Mall
- 9:45 a.m. from the mall transit terminal.
Return trips will begin immediately following the close of the ceremony.
Veterans and current Canadian Armed Forces members will be recognized with free transit service throughout the system all day on November 11. This free bus service is offered to armed forces veterans and current serving personnel–including cadets and reservists, and one companion.
Canadian Armed Forces transit users can identify themselves by:
- Wearing a military uniform, or
- Presenting military ID or a CF1 card when they board.
Providing free transit to veterans and current members of the Canadian Armed Forces is a way to recognize the tremendous commitment they have made, and continue to make, to the community and country.
Saskatoon Transit buses will display a “Lest We Forget” message on November 11.
Transit service times for special events at SaskTel Centre and other popular destinations can always be found at SaskatoonTransit.ca/plan-my-trip/popular-destinations.